Great Things don't happen by chance, They happen by Appointment
The only person not vexing about hair fall is “a bald”. At a certain point in life, we’ve all had a taste of this bitter problem and know at least one friend, relative or colleague suffering from the same. Healthy, soft, lustrous and thick hair is the crown we all wish to wear but seeing that hair in your hand when you softly glide your fingers through your hair completely shatters you. For some, hair fall not only results in hair loss but they also lose their confidence, style, and self-esteem. Waking up to a pillow covered with your hair surely loots you of your morning poise. So, the two obvious questions that pop up are- ‘Why are we cursed with this problem?’ and ‘How can it be cured?’
Well, to answer the first, let us know about the basics of hair growth. The average person has 5 million hairs. It takes about a month for healthy hair to grow half an inch. Most hairs grow for up to six years and then fall out. New hairs grow in their place. Each day, our scalp sheds approximately 50 to 100 hairs per day, but an increase would be alarming. This loss of hair generally does not cause thinning of hair because at the same time new hair is growing on your scalp. Hair loss occurs when the cycle of hair growth and shedding is disrupted causing an imbalance or when the hair follicle is destroyed and replaced with scar tissue.
If you fall victim to hair thinning, bald spots or excessive hair loss then you should immediately consult a dermatologist. Possible causes are –
• Genetic disorders- Hair disorders such as androgenetic alopecia (hereditary thinning, or baldness) are the most common cause of hair loss, affecting about 80 million people in the United States, including both men and women. Women with hereditary hair loss most commonly notice a widening part in the front and center of the scalp with generalized thinning, while men see bald patches on the head.
• Age- Gradual thinning of hair with age is a natural condition known as involutional alopecia. This is caused by an increasing number of hair follicles switching from the growth, or anagen, phase into a resting phase or telogen phase, so that remaining hairs become shorter and less in number.
• Certain Medical Conditions- An estimated 30 diseases, such as thyroid disease, diabetes, lupus, scalp infections, anemia, cause hair loss.
• Medication or Major Surgery- Temporary or permanent hair loss can be caused by several medications, including those for blood pressure, diabetes, heart diseases, hormonal therapy, pregnancy etc.
• Poor Nutrition- A poor diet, sudden weight loss or gain, vitamin deficiencies, not getting enough protein, and eating disorders can result in hair loss.
• Stress- Physical stress or trauma caused by exerting too much force on hair like when tied too tight, cornrows or high tight ponytails can result in hair loss. Psychological stress can also lead to hair loss.
• Cigarettes and alcohol can promote hair fall.
Let’s now get to the good part and the second question, the cure:
As the best skin clinic in Noida, we believe that medications like minoxidil, finasteride, and dutasteride have been proven useful for androgenetic alopecia. Antibiotics can be used for infections and vitamins can be used for vitamin deficiencies. A physician should be consulted for all such treatments. Also one can go for our Hair Restoration Treatments like Platelet Rich Plasma, Mesotherapy and Stem Cell Therapy which is pain free and also has good results.
Other household remedies like oiling, aloe vera, egg oil, lemon, ginseng, eating healthy and nutritious food, head massage, keeping your hair clean, etc. can be done.
Hair transplantation, scalp reduction, scalp flaps or scalp expansion can be performed by a physician.
So, to relieve yourself from this problem, consult a dermatologist and maybe soon you’ll have shiny, thick and strong hair like those in the TV commercials.
Click here to know more: https://www.calee.in/concern/alopecia/15